The 2018 growing season has come to an end but we are still very busy preparing for 2019. We want to share some of the highlights from our year and reflect on some important things that we have learned that can make your lawn healthier for the coming season.
We are thankful for the Wabash Valley that has allowed us to serve you since 1987! Your faith in our family business means the world to us and we are always working hard to be the best we can be.
We are thankful for our great team of employees. Each one of them adds something to our organization that cannot be taken for granted. Two of our team members have made this their second career after their honorable service in the Indiana Air National Guard.
We are thankful for Dennis and Christine Bowman who had the vision in 1987 to build this business from the ground up to where it is today. As a second generation family owned and operated business, we are proud of our roots and what got us to where we are today.
We had a great year of continuing our education in the lawn care industry. We were very fortunate to attend multiple seminars throughout the year. These training included:
Real Green Users Conference (Real Green is the computer program we use that manages our invoices and customer database)
Advanced Turf Solutions Winter Education Seminar
MRTF Summer Workshop
IPLLA Summer Field Day
Green Industry Expo and Trade Show
IPLLA Winter Workshop
These educational opportunities provide us with resources and materials that we use to continue to improve our lawn care practices.
We rely on our customers communicate with us regarding any changes you notice in your lawn. Lawns also require proper cultural practices to ensure the work that we are doing gives your lawn the most benefit. Please review the following expectations and contact us if you have any questions.
Our expectations from you, the customer:
- Mow the lawn no shorter than 3.5 inches. Keeping the grass tall provides a stronger root system for the turf and allows for greater disease, drought, and heat tolerance. We never recommend mowing shorter than 3.5 inches for any reason.
- Do not bag mowing clippings when mowing. Always return clippings to the lawn as it will continue to provide up to 30% of the nutrition back into the ecosystem.
- Wait at least 24 hours after an application to mow the lawn. This is vital for the herbicide applications! The herbicide needs to work through the vascular system of the plant and into the root before mowing occurs.
- Irrigate when possible. Lawns require 1.5 inches of water per week to actively grow. Long durations of drought stress will cause the lawn to go dormant and make it harder to identify if there are other issues such as disease or insect damage.
- Communicate with us. As mentioned above, we need your help when situations arise in your lawn. As soon as you notice something that looks strange or out of place, let us know. Sometimes, waiting a few months for things to “improve on their own” only makes the situation worse. Never hold in your frustration with nature when most things are a simple fix if addressed early.
What you should expect from us, the lawn care professionals:
- All jobs will be completed as agreed upon based on the estimate form and property lines confirmed by the customer.
- All laws and regulations regarding the use and application of our products are followed exactly as specified by the Office of Indiana State Chemist and product labels.
- Only licensed technicians will perform any kind of work on your property.
- We stay up to date on all liability insurance. Copy of coverage is available upon request.
- All issues brought to our attention will be handled in a timely and professional manner.
- If there is ever any question, we will submit soil, turf, and plant samples for further testing to the Purdue University Pest and Plant Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Everything we do on your property is backed by science and carefully considered before any application is made.
We are very excited to get our 2019 season underway. As new technology becomes available, we are always adding to our program to provide improved services.
Please remember that our services continue from season to season. Should you wish to cancel, change, or add to your program, please contact our office. Opting out of prepaying for the season does not indicate your intention to cancel services for the 2019 season.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. Thank you for the many great years of business and we look forward to the many years to come.