We are always looking for qualified technicians. If you are interested in applying please fill out the form below and we will contact you with more information. Even if you have never worked in the lawn care industry, we provide all of the training to become an expert.
Certified Lawn Care Technician
Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC., is a second-generation family-owned and locally operated lawn care maintenance company. We have been serving the Wabash Valley since 1987. We specialize in lawn fertilization, weed control, insect management, landscape management, and vegetation control. Our family first orientation gives our employees a sense of pride knowing they are more than just a number on a spreadsheet. We give our employees the tools and resources to grow professionally and personally. When working for Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC., we want all our employees to know and feel like they are treated like family.
(Base Pay $13.00 per hour.)
Pay can increase depending on experience and licensing background. Many opportunities for growth within the organization. Sales commission and production bonuses are obtainable after candidates pass the Core examination issued by the Office of Indiana State Chemist and completes all training.
Health care plan offered with the employer paying a partial cost.
401(k) plan is available with employer matching incentives.
Summary of Duties:
Join a team with over 30 years of serving the Wabash Valley in one of the largest growing industries. A Certified Lawn Care Technician with Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC., is responsible for the proper fertilization and weed control practices on customers’ lawns. The technician will use the training provided through the company to properly make applications to customers’ lawns following all labeled instructions on all products. The technician will be trained to identify and address many common issues in the turf and landscape of properties. Technicians are also encouraged and taught proper sales techniques and earn commissions on new sales as they occur.
- Apply all products according to the law as outlined by the Office of Indiana State Chemist and product labels.
- Identify issues in customer lawns and make both the customer and Service Manager aware at the time of service.
- Drives company vehicles safely to and from the job site.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Completes daily required record forms accurately and neatly.
- Maintains a clean working environment including vehicle and all company equipment.
- Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy in all situations.
- Maintains regular maintenance on all company assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Represents Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC with professionalism and in a positive manner.
- High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year of related experience or training.
- Customer service experience is not required but preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills and information about the lawn and landscape industry.
- Pass the Core examination administered by the Office of Indiana State Chemist 10 days of hire. All training and educational material is provided.
- Lift and move 50 lbs regularly.
- Operate machinery with confidence.
- Work independently without direct on-site supervision while maintaining communication with the supervisor.
A certified lawn care technician with Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC., is responsible for customers assigned to them. Each technician will be issued a company vehicle and equipment that is to be kept on the property of Bowman’s Pro Turf, LLC., when not in use. The technicians will be allowed the independence to work unsupervised during their daily route. Each technician is thoroughly trained in the processes of our company to give them the freedom to earn more and work at a pace that meets both the company’s needs and their own. Because of the nature of our industry, we work most business days from late February to early December. Be prepared and excited to work outdoors in all temperatures as the job allows and requires.
To learn about what it is like to be a Lawn Care Technician, click the link below!